It is slowly getting warmer and everyone is looking forward to longer days, time at the beach, walks along the river and everything that goes along with summer thoughts… Here are a few tips:
- It is time to swap your winter woollies for cool summer clothes. If you have ample storage space at home, this should be a fairly easy change over. Get some sturdy packing boxes (your local storage facility will have all the sizes you may require, new and second hand). Clearly mark your boxes as you pack them and store away for the next winter. If you do not have enough storage space, you may consider renting a small storage unit at your local storage facility, where you should have easy 24/7 access to your unit.
- Organise your wardrobe with your new summer clothes and get ready for the new season!
- You may have seasonal sports gear to get out and clean for use in the warmer weather. Make sure all are in good working order before you start using them.
- Your winter sports may be drawing to an end and you need to store your gear for the summer months – take care to clean it and ensure it is well packed up for safe storage to avoid any damage.
- Your lawnmower needs to be taken out of winter hibernation and get a good clean and maybe a service to ensure you are ready for the new lawn mowing season!
- Big toys like boats, skiing equipment and Jet Ski’s will require some start off maintenance after being stored over winter. Get everything ready so you do not have problems with anything breaking down when you are about to have some fun in the water.
- Caravans and tents need to be cleaned and checked for any damage before heading off on those summer camping trips.
- BBQ’s need inspecting, cleaning and making sure the gas bottles are filled for summer night dinners to come…
- Inflatable pools may need some TLC before they can be put up for hours of wet fun in the warm weather.
- Blankets and bedding should be washed and carefully packed to be stored away until next winter. A storage unit can help clear the house of clutter until next winter. Talk to the friendly staff at your local storage facility for any help…