Are you always eager to take pictures, but they quickly multiply on your camera and/or computer? Do you feel a bit overwhelmed with all your digital images? With a few tips, we would like to help you make it easier:
- Upload and clear your memory card regularly – This will not just enable you to have space on your memory card, but also ensure your older pictures do not get buried beneath the new ones!
- Choose a simple filing system and stick to it. Your system should be easy to follow and find images you are looking for. You can use a folder with the year, and sub-folders for each month, or you may choose to have sub-folders for each occasion – do what works best for YOU!
- Rename your photos when you upload them. You can name them according to the sub-folder for simplicity.
- Do not copy ALL the images from your camera. Take a few extra minutes to choose the best shots from each occasion and save only those.
- Delete all your photos from your memory card once you have uploaded the ones you want.
- If you wish, you can print off your photos and create scrapbooks, albums or photo books for the whole family to enjoy.
- However, you do not have to print all your photos to enjoy them. You can create slideshows with your saved images as well.
- Lastly, do not forget to back up your photos. There are great online back-up facilities where you can safely keep your photos in case something happens to your copies.