Feel like pulling your hair out when you walk into your games room after the festive season? Is it overflowing with new toys and older ones from previous years? Now is a great opportunity to take stock of the gifts everyone received.
Charity organisations can benefit from donations all year round, not just over Christmas. This can be an ideal way of helping children in need AND you benefit as well!
You can de-clutter that games room and ensure the remaining toys/games are actually played with!
Easy tips in deciding what to keep and what to donate:
- Do a quick basic sorting into 3 piles – Definite KEEP, Definite DONATE & UNSURE
- To maximise success, we suggest you initially do this without your kids’ help!
- Anything that has not been played with in the last 6 months will most likely not be missed.
- Pack up the Definite DONATE Pile in a sturdy box before you enrol your kid’s help.
- Let the kids help decide what moves from the UNSURE pile back to the KEEP Pile, or become a new DONATE pile.
- Try not to be sentimental and be firm in the decision.
- Involving your children will teach them valuable life skills to help the less fortunate.
- Box up the remaining DONATE pile. If you are unsure where to donate to, check out this website: www.weekendnotes.com/where-to-donate-kids-old-toys-perth
- Organise the KEEP pile in the games room with the kids’ help.
- Enjoy a well-deserved cuppa with your hair still intact!