It’s that time of year again. Spring has sprung, cobwebs have come to light and it’s time for a big clean! Where to start? We’ve created a simple and easy to follow checklist for you. Enjoy this wonderful time of year and sunshine.
Inside the House
- Clean all your furniture by vacuuming your couches, polishing your wooden items and dusting all your cabinets.
- Vacuum the floors, and those ‘hard to reach’ spots in the corners of the ceiling.
- Dust the house, making sure you get in all those hard to reach places (Door trims, window edges and ceiling fans)
- Clean out the air vents
- Scrub those windows! Make it an enjoyable task by asking a friend to help
- Defrost your freezer, clean out all the expired food and start fresh
- Wash and sanitise your rubbish bin
- Wipe all surfaces thoroughly, including your stove top
- Clean out cupboards, throw out broken and unused plastic items.
- Clean the inside of your oven by using a proper oven cleaner, also take a look at those exhaust vents inside.
- To clear out drains, you can remove build up by using a drain cleaner. For a less chemical option, you can use vinegar or baking soda.
- Turn your mattress over, to keep it even on each side.
- Wash your sheets
- Store your winter blankets away now that it’s warming up!
- If possible, wash your pillows or replace them
- Clean out those cupboards; discard of or donate your unused clothing
- Wipe down all surfaces and vacuum thoroughly
- Throw out all unused and broken items
- Remove cobwebs by using a broom along the garage door edges and outside in your patio area.
- Wash out and disinfect your rubbish bins (rubbish and recycle)
- Clean your paths, wash down all those anthills and cobwebs also
- Trim the gardens and remove weeds
- If you have them, mow your lawns.
- Organise your files so that they are easy to access when it comes to tax time
- Clean out your keyboard, and wipe down the computer screen
- Wipe all surfaces, including the ceiling fan and window edges
Having a spring-clean home is key to enjoying this warmer weather, without all that dust you can truly enjoy the fresh air! Open up the doors and windows, welcome in that breeze.