When you’ve decided to rent a storage unit, the first thing that comes to mind is; now how do I pack it all in? The best way to go about this is to plan. What is the best way to pack my storage unit? Am I able to access it easily?
These questions are all answered by this article, it will help you organise your unit and making storing simple.
Firstly: how can your goods stay protected? By packing them properly and following these simple steps for each room in your house:
- Fridges, freezers and all your white goods should all be thoroughly cleaned and dry
- Leave the door on your fridge and freezer and dishwasher open slightly
- Don’t place items in your fridge that will go off or damage the lining
- Remove all the legs from tables and chairs to save space
- Disassemble bed frames
- Clean out your couches, don’t leave crumbs for vermin
Place your large, heavy items at the back of the storage unit, freeing up space for your boxes and items that you may need to access more often. Perhaps creating a walkway in between your goods will make for an easy point of access.
Dishes and Glassware
- Avoid storing heavy items on top of the boxes holding your glassware.
- Pack carefully; use packing paper and bubble wrap.
- Label these boxes with FRAGILE labels and tape.
When you have finished packing your items properly, you should inspect your storage unit, and make an inventory list of all the items you have stored. On occasion, go to your storage facility and have a look at your unit, check that everything is in order. Ensuring that your items are packed properly will give you peace of mind.
When looking for the appropriate packing materials, enquire at your storage facilities’ showroom, the staff will be willing to help and recommended boxes, packing tape, bubble wrap and all the packing items you require.
Easy Storage has the largest box showroom in Rockingham; come see us today!