When you’re packing up your belongings and getting them ready for storage, it is important to remember the proper way of packing and how to keep your belongings safe and in good condition.
See below for our top tips to ensure your goods are safe in storage!
1. Wrap and pack all your goods securely
2. Use proper boxes and fill them to the top
3. Use the appropriate boxes for heavier items (books and tools)
4. Label all your boxes by each room as you’re packing
5. Protect your clothing by placing mothballs in the boxes
6. Wrap items individually using bubble wrap and pack them carefully
7. Tape up your boxes securely and fill the gaps with packing paper or linen
8. Remove batteries from appliances and kid’s toys
9. Clean out your fridge and freezers, and while in the storage unit, the door should be left ajar
10. Disconnect the hoses from your washing machine and drain them completely before storing
What NOT to Store?
Don’t store goods that are flammable, environmentally hazardous or that are a risk to the storage unit or facility. Remove all hazardous items such as chlorine, paint and petrol. You should not store items that are valuable such as currency, jewellery, art and items of personal sentimental value.
When storing your items in a storage unit, take into consideration where you place certain items and keep an inventory of where you’ve placed all your boxes.
When storing at Easy Storage, ask our friendly and professional staff for tips on how to have the best experience possible while storing your goods. Self-storage made Easy!